● The colored wristband provided in this brochure is your ticket to the Tour of Homes. You must wear it to enter each Tour Stop. The color (see below) determines when you may board a bus for Sea Island.
● The Sea Island homes can be accessed ONLY using the bus transportation provided by the tour. Buses may be boarded at the Gascoigne Bluff transportation site (see map in brochure centerfold) at the time designated by the color of your wristband ticket:
● The last departure for Sea Island leaves Gascoigne Bluff at 3:00 p.m. to allow adequate time to tour these beautiful homes. We recommend that you allow a minimum of two hours to tour the Sea Island homes.
● The homes that are not located on Sea Island can be seen at any time during the day by car. Tour Parking captains will help you park at each St. Simons Island Tour Stop.
Important Tour Tips
●Please wear flat, comfortable walking shoes. High heeled shoes, cameras, large shopping bags and drinks will not be permitted in the homes. There is a short walk between each bus stop or parking area and the tour stop. Most tour stops require going up/down stairs.
● Plan to visit our Tour Headquarters at the Christ Church, Frederica for a brief respite. There are refreshments and restroom facilities in the Parish House.
● Restroom facilities are also available at Gascoigne Bluff. There are NO restroom facilities on Sea Island.
● Additional tickets may be purchased at Gascoigne Bluff and at the Christ Church, Frederica Parish House. Christ Church Cookbooks make a wonderful souvenir of the tour. They will be available for purchase at the Christ Church, Frederica Parish House and at Gascoigne Bluff. All proceeds will be donated to local charities. Sign our guest book at the Parish House or Gascoigne Bluff and enter to win two tickets to next year's Tour of Homes and Gardens!
● Christ Church and the Tour Bus start point at Gascoigne Bluff are marked on the maps below. To find the Tour Bus start point come to St. Simons on the Torras Causeway and go around the traffic circle at the St. Simons entrance to Sea Island Road - left lane, straight at the light. Turn left at Hamilton Road which is only a few hundred yards beyond the traffic light. Follow this road to the Gascoigne Bluff Hospitality Parking lot and Tour Bus start point. There will be Tour Marker signs at these turns.
● To reach Christ Church don't turn at Hamilton Road but continue on Sea Island Road to the next traffic signal. Turn left at the Sea Island/ Frederica Road traffic signal and follow Frederica Road to Christ Church. After about 2.5 miles you will enter a traffic circle and will need to take the 2nd exit to continue on Frederica Road.
● If coming from another city, take
I-95, US 17 or US 341 to Brunswick, Ga., and then travel over the Torras Causeway to
St. Simons Island.
Below is a general map of St. Simons and Sea Island showing the Tour of Homes administrative locations at Christ Church and Gascoigne Bluff.